Saturday, 23 July 2016

Blocks of Boredom: Checking In

Okay here is another quick catch-up post that I am writing whilst sat with a "cowpat" of henna on my hair, smothered in face cream lest I end up looking like an Oompa Loompa, and grooving along to David Bowie.  What a vision. I have never been so glad to be a blogger and not a vlogger!


 I had a spare night a couple of weeks ago and managed to get another 4 blocks sewn up. Patchworking  is really enjoyable but it is quite time consuming and I am never going to win any prizes for matching up my corners. It's all in the design though, right?


Where I stay for work during the week doesn't really have a whole tone of space so patchwork is perfect, it is small and easy to manage, not taking up too much space.


It is great getting it done in little chunks too.


Again most of the fabrics are Amy Butler, the spotty one above is a Japanese cotton from Mandor's in Glasgow.

Well, I am catching up with myself now so hopefully will be back on blogging track next week.
Have a wonderful weekend, Lovelies! Now to wash this off my head........ :)

Kxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly, that is looking beautiful! I suppose you'll sew all the big blocks together to make a quilt? I envy your skills and patience.I follow another blog called 'Dovegrey Reader Scribbles' mainly for the book reviews but she also quilts and goes to a few exhibitions - you might want to check it out if you don't already know of it.

    Have a great weekend

    Veronica
    vronni60s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. Yes, the blocks will be sewn together between bands of a plainer fabric in a technique called sashing. This will frame them against something and hopefully pull all the colours together. I checkout out the Dover Grey Reader blog. Her quilts are fantastic. I was very taken with her hexagonal English piecing. I would love to give this a go but I am afraid that my hand skills are just not up to the job. Xx

      Delete
  2. That really is a work of art! You've done a bosting job with those wonderful colours and prints.
    I'm loving the description of your hair and face - hooray for blogging! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I was indeed a joy to behold. I don't think that the colours are translating very well between real life and in a photo. They are much more vivid IRL. I am hoping that when it is done then I can photograph it outside and it will give a truer representation. Blogging is brilliant! Xx

      Delete
  3. Such pretty colours! i love seeing how the fabrics pair differently in each block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, you are the Queen of colour so that is high praise indeed. I am really enjoying putting the fabrics together randomly and am always amazed at the colour combinations this produces. Still takes me ages to decide were to put each fabric though. :) Xx

      Delete
  4. It is really beautiful! I love the colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. The colours are lovely, very spring like and fresh. I just hope that my Mum likes it when it is finished. Xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely blocks! Your comment about having a cowpat on your head did make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim, I am sorry. A bit graphic I know but that is just what henna reminds me of when I am mixing it up. All those years spent working on farms has scarred me. :) Xx

      Delete